Rowand House was builit in 1842, had four levels and an area of approimately 2100 square feet.
The main floor had dining rooms, offices and a large hall. The second floor had family sitting rooms as well as four guest rooms for visitors to the fort. The third floor was used for storing dried meat. The ground level floor consisted of storage areas, sleeping quarters, the kitchen and a root cellar.